Questions related to these policies:
To opt out of our product tracking:
Last Effective Date: June 15, 2017
Networked Insights connects consumer data from social media and other data sources. We aggregate data to be used for various marketing applications. The purpose of this is to improve our clients’ marketing and customer relationship programs.
In addition to data that is publicly available, Networked Insights licenses data from social media networks and from other 3rd party data sources. The types of data we use includes, but may not be limited to, social behavior such as posted content or brands followed, and demographic, interest, geographic and other types of individual and household level data.
Networked Insights’ data and insights do not include what we regard as sensitive information such as detailed financial records, credit information, medical records or Social Security numbers. We do not knowingly collect data for marketing purposes from anyone under the age of 13. Networked Insights does not track third-party web browsing behavior or search history.
Consumer Choices and Opt Out
At Networked Insights, we believe consumers should have choices regarding how data about them is used. Networked Insights does not store any PII but does have data that can be modeled against and used for marketing purposes. For this reason, Networked Insights gives consumers the opportunity to opt-out of our marketing data products by emailing us at optout@NetworkedInsights.com. We will opt you out of the data products for which we can tie your information back to your email address. If you have other email addresses you would like to include in the opt-out process, please email us from that email address. You may also easily opt-out of advertising by the many platforms that honor the regulatory principles of the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA) at http://optout.aboutads.info.
Finally, if you wish to block or delete cookies altogether, you can manage or delete browser cookies by using your browser's preference options, but if you do so you may not be able to utilize some services properly. Some browsers have a ˜do not track' feature that lets you tell websites that you do not want to have your online activities tracked. These features are not yet uniform, so not every website is currently set up to respond to those signals. Mobile device system software such as Apple iOS or Google Play Services provide an opt-out choice that will be communicated to companies providing in-app ads. For more information, or to opt out using these mechanisms, consult your device settings.
We take the security of our data and client’s information seriously. We always take what we believe are reasonable precautions to protect against unauthorized access to our systems and to prevent data from being disclosed to unauthorized parties. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Networked Insights is committed to industry efforts to establish fair and workable guidelines to ensure consumer privacy. We abide by industry standard self-regulatory principles on consumer privacy published by industry organizations such as the IAB and DMA.
Last Effective Date: June 15, 2017
Children under the age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, such as: information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include Google Analytics, which is a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”) to collect certain information relating to your use of the Websites. Google Analytics uses “cookies” (see below) to help the Websites analyze how users use the Websites. You can find out more about how Google uses data when you visit our Websites by visiting “How Google uses data when you use our partners’ sites or apps”, (located at www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/).
How we use your information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
• To present our Website and its contents to you;
• To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
• To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
• To provide you with notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
• To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
• To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it;
• In any other way we may describe when you provide the information; and
• For any other purpose with your consent.
TO THE EXTENT WE RECEIVE ANY INFORMATION FROM THIRD PARTIES, WE WILL ABIDE BY THE APPLICABLE TERMS AND CONDITIONS UNDER WHICH WE ACQUIRED OR RECEIVED THE INFORMATION.
Disclosure of your information
• To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
• To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures;
• To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of NI’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by NI about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
• To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
• With your consent;
• If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of NI, our customers, or others.
Choices about how we use your information
We try to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
• Promotional Offers from NI. For Visitors to the Website, if you do not wish to have your email addressed used by NI to promote our own or third parties' products or services, you can send an email to email@example.com. Or, if we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.